https://uk.termpaperbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Term-logo-300x48.png 0 0 admin https://uk.termpaperbuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Term-logo-300x48.png admin2020-11-01 22:44:172020-11-01 22:44:17Did the lack of documentation in the admitting nurse’s assessment and notes affect the ultimate outcome of this case?
Professional Development Exercises :
- Read the case study presented at the end of Chapter 9 (Guido, p. 185-186).
- Did the lack of documentation in the admitting nurse’s assessment and notes affect the ultimate outcome of this case?
- Was there negligence on the part of the nursing staff in the care of this patient?
- What could the nurse have done differently to facilitate a different outcome in this case?
- How would you decide this case?
- Using the sample professional liability insurance policy (Guido, p. 193-194), locate the various provisions:
- Limits of liability
- Reservation of rights
- Covered injuries
- Defense costs
- Coverage conditions and supplementary payments
- Did you have difficulty finding some of the sections? Would this be a policy that you would consider purchasing for your own liability coverage? Why or why not?
- Read the case study presented at the end of Chapter 10 (Guido, p. 198)
- What provisions of an insurance policy would you consult to determine if an insurance company should pay such a claim, and what would the limits of the liability be?
- Is the nursing home insurance company correct in saying that this is a professional judgment issue?
- Which insurance company (the nursing home’s or that of the administrator of the nursing home, assuming she has coverage) should pay the court-ordered judgment?
- How would you decide the case?