To prepare for this Discussion:
- By Day 5 of Week 7, your Instructor will have assigned you a neurocognitive disorder,( Mild Cognitive Impairment)which will be the focus for your initial post for this Discussion.
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for your assigned neurocognitive disorder.
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for your assigned neurocognitive disorder.
- Identify the risks of different types of therapy and explain how the benefits of the therapy that might be achieved might outweigh the risks.
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadockâ€s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 21, â€œNeurocognitive Disordersâ€ (pp. 694â€“741)
Gabbard, G. O. (2014). Gabbardâ€s treatment of psychiatric disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publications.
- Chapter 63, â€œDeliriumâ€
- Chapter 64, â€œNeurocognitive Disorder Due to Alzheimerâ€s Diseaseâ€
- Chapter 65, â€œFrontotemporal Neurocognitive Disorderâ€
- Chapter 66, â€œVascular Neurocognitive Disorderâ€
- Chapter 67, â€œNeurocognitive Disorder Due to Parkinsonâ€s Diseaseâ€
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- â€œNeurocognitive Disordersâ€
Stahl, S. M. (2014). Prescriberâ€s Guide: Stahlâ€s Essential Psychopharmacology (5th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.
Note: All Stahl resources can be accessed through the Walden Library using the link below. This link will take you to a login page for the Walden Library. Once you log in to the library, the Stahl website will appear. http://ezp.waldenulibrary.org/login?url=http://stahlonline.cambridge.org/
To access information on specific medications, click on The Prescriberâ€s Guide, 5th Ed. tab on the Stahl Online website and select the appropriate medication.
Alzheimer disease Delirium Dementia Parkinsonâ€s disease dementiaÂ
caprylidene donepezil galantamine memantine rivastigmine
haloperidol (adjunct) lorazepam (adjunct)Â
donepezil galantamine memantine rivastigmineÂ
Note: For more information on Pimavanserin, see:
Acadia Pharmaceuticals. (2017). Transform the treatment of Parkinsonâ€s disease psychosis with NUPLAZID. Retrieved from https://www.nuplazidhcp.com/?gclid=CIHS5auvwtMCFQkaaQodrU0FGQ
U.S. Food and Drug Administration. (n. d.). Highlights of prescribing information: Nuplazid. Retrieved from https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2016/207318lbl.pdf
Hopkins, S. A., & Chan, D. (2016). Key emerging issues in frontotemporal dementia. Journal of Neurology, 263(2), 407â€“413. doi:10.1007/s00415-015-7880-7
Walker, Z., Possin, K. L., Boeve, B. F., & Aarsland, D. (2015). Lewy body dementias. The Lancet, 386(10004), 1683-1697.Â Â
Laureate Education (Producer). (2017a). A gentleman with a neurocognitive disorder [Multimedia file]. Baltimore, MD: Author.
Bolin, P. (2015, December 31). Neurocognitive disorders â€“ CRASH! Medical review series [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQXOPITY9XM
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 57 minutes.
Kota, L. N., Bharath, S., Purushottam, M., Moily, N. S., Sivakumar, P. T., Varghese, M., . . . Jain, S. (2015). Reduced telomere length in neurodegenerative disorders may suggest shared biology. The Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences, 27(2), e92â€“e96. doi:10.1176/appi.neuropsych.13100240
Lepkowsky, C. M. (2016). Neurocognitive disorder with Lewy bodies: Evidence-based diagnosis and treatment. Practice Innovations, 1(4), 234â€“242. doi:10.1037/pri0000031
Oltra-Cucarella, J., PÃ©rez-Elvira, R., Espert, R., & Sohn McCormick, A. (2016). Are cognitive interventions effective in Alzheimerâ€s disease? A controlled meta-analysis of the effects of bias. Neuropsychology, 30(5), 631â€“652. doi:10.1037/neu0000283
. WITH nursingassignment.org AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT!
Discussion: Treatment of Neurocognitive Disorders:Mild Cognitive Impairment was first posted on April 12, 2020 at 9:56 pm.
©2019 "nursingassignment.org". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at email@example.com
“Is this question part of your assignment? We will write the assignment for you. click order now and get up to 40% Discount”
Discussion: Treatment of Neurocognitive Disorders:Mild Cognitive Impairment was first posted on April 19, 2020 at 11:41 am.
©2019 "Nursing Assignment". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org