we have learned from “The Path to Information Value” that 70% (seventy percent) of managers and executives say data are extremely important for creating competitive advantage.
In addition, it is implied by the authors that, The key, of course, is knowing which data matter, who within a company needs them, and finding ways to get that data into users hands.
Based on the company you have identified for your Final Paper, discuss 1) the data that matters to the executives in that industry, 2) who, within that industry, needs that data, and 3) some methods for ensuring that the critical data gets into the users’ hands. Remember to respond to two other learners’ post, letting them know if they missed any data or details in their industry.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.