The Disease Models Resources
The Disease Models Resources
For this assignment, imagine you are a counselor working in a disease model treatment program. Select one of the case studies you were introduced to in the last unit. The person in your selected case study will represent the “client” who is seeking help from your program. Assignment Instructions Complete the following sections for this assignment:
• Introduction—In this section of the paper:
• Identify the client from the case study and briefly summarize the client’s demographic characteristics and addictive behavior history that are relevant to the disease models of addiction. This section sets the stage for the next sections.
• Applications of Disease Models—In this section:
• Apply your understanding of the disease models of addiction to your client. Do client demographics and history suggest that your client suffers from a disease of addiction? Based on your interpretation, what disease model treatment strategies might you recommend for this client?
• Sociocultural Factors and the Disease Models—Finally, in the last section:
• Describe how sociocultural factors (“medicalization” of addictions through diagnoses, medical treatment, pharmacotherapy, genetic influences, brain scans, and media portrayal of addictions) may affect the client’s perception of the problem and the addictive behavior.
• Describe factors that may contribute to the addictive behavior as well as factors that may be helpful in overcoming the addiction from the perspective of the disease models of addiction.
• Length: The paper should be 2–3 pages, excluding the title page and resources page.
• References: Throughout your paper, apply relevant research findings from scholarly literature using in-text citations to support your reasoning. Include references for each of your citations in a separate reference page at the end of your paper.
James is 28 years old and has never been married. admission to the
room from a beating received while trying to obtain crack, she has been referred to treatment.
DEMOGRAPHICS AND COMORBIDITY
28–year–old single Caucasian female, never married, chronic history of physical and sexual abuse by men, diagnosed with Post–Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Unemployed, lives in a poorly maintained government–subsidized housing project. Receives disability payments for mental health issues. Graduated high school with good grades but never pursued further education. No contact with parents or siblings, who live out of state. No religious affiliation.
Began drinking alcohol in high school with peers, alcohol use increased when abuse from boyfriends began, eventually tried crack cocaine and began a vicious cycle of crack use and further exploitation and abuse by men when under the influence or seeking drugs.
No previous treatment history for addictive behavior.
REASON FOR SEEKING TREATMENT
Ended up in emergency room of local hospital after being beaten and sexually abused when attempting to trade sex for crack. Referred to treatment by hospital social worker.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post The Disease Models Resources appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.