how should valproic acid-induced Hyperammonemic encephalopathy(VHE) be treated
PLEASE USE PUBMED
My topic is : how should valproic acid-induced Hyperammonemic encephalopathy(VHE) be treated?
Writing style: pure technical (requestor is a pharmacist colleague or physician). NO DIRECT QUOTES or PLAGIARISM!
Must use at least 4 sources to answer question and 2 of the sources MUST be primary literature
o Primary literature articles MUST be human studies (no animal studies)
o Use the highest level of primary literature available for your question
RCT > cohort > casecontrol > case report/case series
Use SR/MAs judiciously study designs listed above are preferred
In general, RCTs should be Phase III or Phase IV studies
o Other sources may be used in addition to the 4 requires sources
o REMEMBER: narrative reviews and clinical practice guidelines are tertiary literature.
Must be typed (single or double spaced is fine as long as page limit is not exceeded), size 11 font or bigger, with references that are appropriately formatted (see format guide on Canvas)
Must use a clear and professional scientific writing style
Length: no more than 3 pages total, including references
File types: Microsoft Word: .doc or .docx ONLY
o DO NOT include your name within the document itself (anonymous peer review). You will submit the assignment under your name in Canvas.
Must include these sections:
1. Question: restate the question (clearly focused, including all PICO components)
2. Background: e.g. key definitions, brief summary of why the question is relevant to pharmacy
practice, what information do we already know about the topic, and/or other pertinent info
needed to set the stage for the audience
3. Literature Summary (research findings): complete, yet concise review of 2 or more primary
literature studies that at least includes for each study: study design and PICO population studied, intervention, comparator, and outcome as well as the study results (with accurate interpretation of statistics and results), authors conclusions, a critique of the study, and YOUR conclusions.
o Other information that should be included in your summary of each primary literature article: number of patients in each arm of each study; drug details: dose, duration, followup; study methods; primary outcome AND relevant secondary outcomes
4. Conclusions and Recommendations: overall conclusions from the literature evaluated and YOUR recommendations based on your interpretation of the literature
5. Follow up statement: when you will follow up with requestor regarding the outcome of your response timeframe will be based on specifics of the question (patient, drug, disease state, etc.)
6. References: appropriately formatted (see format guide on Canvas)
Must NOT include any information that is plagiarized!!! Plagiarism is scholastic dishonesty and each students submission will be checked for originality.