The US population is aging, and the life expectancy of the average adult is increasing
The US population is aging, and the life expectancy of the average adult is increasing. According to the US Census Bureau (2009), by 2050, 20 percent of the total population will consist of people who are sixty-five years or older. There are several issues that challenge older adults from myths regarding aging to the significant life changes such as retirement.
- Explain some of the things that may change because of the increasing life expectancy and a growing older adult population.
- Describe some of the myths that deal with both physical and psychological aging. Explain some of the realities that dispel these myths and identify how older adults are engaged in their lives both in leisure and in work activities.
- Explain some of the reasons individuals who are sixty-five years or older are still part of the workforce, both from a psychological and a social perspective? Identify ways in which older adults are looking for other career options than simply retiring.
Justify your answers with appropriate reasoning and research from your text and course readings. Comment on the postings of at least two peers, and provide an analysis of each peer’s postings while also suggesting specific additions or clarifications for improving the discussion question response.
Grieving occurs due to the loss of a loved one or someone they had a close relationship with. The process of grieving differs depending on cultural (social) norms. One way in which end-of-life has been described is through Kübler-Ross five stages of dying.
- Describe the dual-processing model regarding grief. Explain how this model may explain how some variations may differ across cultures.
- Describe the Kübler-Ross five stages of dying. Explain the differences if any in how the different age groups may deal with end-of-life such as adolescence and older adults.
Looking for a Similar Assignment? Order now and Get a Discount! Use Coupon Code “Newclient”
The post The US population is aging, and the life expectancy of the average adult is increasing appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.